zaterdag 20 juni 2009

I can't remember

Just a line to say I'm living,
that I'm not among the dead,
though I'm getting more forgetful
and mixed up in my head.
.
I got used to my arthritis,
to my dentures I'm resigned.
I can mange my bifocals,
but, God, I miss my mind.
.
For sometimes I can't remeber
when I stand at the foot of-the-stairs,
if I must go up for something
or have I just come down from there.
.
And, before the fridge so often,
my poor mind is filled with doubt,
have i just put food away,
or have I come to take some out?
.
And, there are times when it is dark,
with my nightcap on my head,
I don't know if I'm retiring
or just getting out of bed.
.
So if it's my turn to write you,
there's no need for getting sore...
I may think that I have written
and don't want to be a bore!
.
So remember that I love you
and wish that you were near,
but now it's nearly mail time,
so I mist say "Goodbye, Dear."
.
P.S. Here I stand beside the mailbox
with a face so very red...
instead of mailing you my letter,
I have opened it instead!


Tekst gevonden in doos 'te bewaren' papieren, bron onbekend.
Ik vind de tekst zo supertof dat ik jullie er graag van laat meegenieten. Enjoy!
Suzanne.

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Magnifiek.
En zo juist!
Jeanne.