zaterdag 18 april 2009

Dying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPpORXywK0c
.
And listening to Antony’s voice, I cannot but think of Sylvia Plath’s strophes in her terrible poem Lady Lazarus (published after her suicide in the Ariel collection, 1965) :

Dying
Is an art, like everything else,
I do it exceptionally well.

I do it so it feels like hell.
I do it so it feels real.
I guess you could say I’ve a call.

It’s easy enough to do it in a cell.
It’s easy enough to do it and stay put.
It’s the theatrical.

“Lady Lazarus” is a particularly dark and raw poem, even if its theme refers to some rebirth, as a phoenix. So, let us caress the cats and take a walk. Drink a port and buy a chocolate cake. For, at least for today, Spring has no intentions to come back.
Idee link tussen Antony's song en Sylvia's poëem komt van Eric R.
.
.
Sylvia Plath leest 'Lady Lazarus'

Geen opmerkingen: